Age Range: 8-12
Day/Time: Monday, 6:00-7:00pm
Dates: March 22, 29; April 5, 12, 19
Improv is theatre that is created together in the moment. Through play and experimentation, students will learn to be present with each other--watching, listening, and trusting their partners as they collaborate. Whether they are in an acting studio, a classroom, a family room, or a Zoom room, building on these skills will help young improvers to:
- grow creatively, trust artistic impulses, and take risks.
- embrace supportive collaboration: “Make your partner look good.”
- improve communication and listening skills, focusing on engaging fully with surroundings.
- gain a strong improv foundation – a knowledge of various games and storytelling techniques.
- be better performers and, consequently, better communicators.
Access to Zoom
Space to move/be physical