Holiday Short Film Project with Byron Wolter, Logan Hunter, and Brandie Spencer
Days/Time: Wednesdays, 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Class Dates: October 14, 21, 28; November 4, 11
Registration Deadline: October 9
In this BAFT Studios project, you will get the experience of jumping into a full-scale film production right away! This immersive, experiential, project-based learning environment will prepare actors, writers, filmmakers, and editors to work on industry-level film sets.
The Writers' Room is a collaborative space where the groundwork for creative ideas comes together to bring stories to life. A small team of writers will:
- Learn world-building by exploring and incorporating all elements of screenwriting.
- Rotate through various writing room positions, including staff writer, script supervisor, and story editor.
- Collaborate with the writing team, as well as the cast and production team, to produce a screenplay in the holiday genre.
- Have on-set access during filming.
Under Head Writer Brandie Spencer, you will build on the pre-established log line: Two friends reluctantly accept an invitation to a holiday party, but when a lavish prize is offered for the ugliest sweater, it ignites a spirited contest.
All groups will be working closely together to develop and produce the film written specifically for the class, which will be marketed and submitted to film festivals for distribution.
- Familiarity with screenplay formatting a plus.
- Facemask (must be worn at all times unless directed to remove for a scene)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Pen/pencil, dedicated notebook
- Laptop (Recommended)